The Lacanian Review
It’s all kinds of new!
New? Well, not so new – the journal of the New Lacanian School continues on from Hurly-Burly and stimulates debates around the main events of our working community.
New? Well, yes, very new – it is now also the Anglophone Journal of the World Association of Psychoanalysis and contributes to a worldwide debate between the Schools affiliated to the WAP
How new? Well, absolutely new – in its content as well as in its aim and presentation.
- A thematic section dealing with the crucial problems of our times : these problems, which organise the master’s discourse, are not only essential for an analyst to grasp to follow the changes occurring in modern subjectivity and symptoms, they also find their moment of truth in the analytic discourse.
- A section dedicated to the formations of the analyst, to be understood as ‘formations of the unconscious’. Lacan changed the formation of analysts, and as a result was excluded from the analytic orthodoxy and its institutions of the time! For nearly fifty years the Lacanian devices for analytic training have proved their worth:
- Reduction: the pass replaces the training analysis and ensures that the results of your own analysis are transmitted. Results of analytic experience, shrunk and extracted through an analysis, will be presented in each issue.
- Supervision, which we call control because it deals with words and speech, not vision.
- Main themes addressed by the NLS and WAP Congresses each year: theoretical studies and clinical cases.